What if . . . ?What if . . . ? https://jasonlauritsen.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Jason Lauritsen https://jasonlauritsen.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
My two year old son is a curious little dude. My wife frequently points out that he is always looking things over to see how they work. Apparently, he’s a chip off the old block as the other day, as we watched him trying to figure out how the door on the play house worked, she said “he’s just like you.”
- What if we did away with all recurring meetings and only allowed meetings when at least half of the people invited voted that it was a necessary meeting?
- What if there were no chairs in our conference rooms? (Would meetings get faster?)
- What if the for job of “management” didn’t exist? How would we direct work without it?
- What if we stopped doing performance appraisals?
- What if I stopped sending out this report or newsletter? Would anyone notice?
- What if we taught classes at work about how to be happy?
- What if we didn’t have job descriptions?
- What if I say what’s on my mind instead of holding back?
- What if we had stand up desks? Would we be in better shape or work faster?
- What if we did away with fixed schedules and allowed people to work whenever they chose?
- What if leaders could learn to be open and show vulnerability?
- What if our company threw open the doors to social media?
- What if our human resources professionals were trained in sales skills?
- What if we required every employee to volunteer in their community a couple hours a month?
- What if we all had fix-term and binding employment contracts?
- What if an office space had no walls, offices or cubes, just desks and chairs on wheels?